Steps to Sustainable Eating
Take a look here for links, resources, references, tools and other interesting information and tools to continue your journey into sustainable food.
Here are Ten Steps to Eating Sustainable - a handout from sustainabletable.org with suggestions on what you can do to eat healthier, shop smarter and find great tasting sustainable food!
- Sustainable Table - educates consumers about the benefits of sustainable agriculture and works to build community through food.
- Civil Eats - a daily news & commentary source for critical thought about the American food system.
- Food & Environment Reporting Network (FERN) stimulates discussion about food, agriculture and environmental health though articles, broadcast and multimedia pieces.
- FoodTank - Food Tank is focused on building a global community for safe, healthy, nourished eaters. They spotlight environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable ways of alleviating hunger, obesity, and poverty and create networks of people, organizations, and content to push for food system change.
- Environmental Working Group - Few choices you make have as powerful an effect on your health and the planet as what you choose to eat. EWG empowers you with the facts on your food. (And Farming...EWG works to build a farm and food system that makes people healthy, keeps working farm and ranch families on the land and improves the environment.)
- Food & Water Watch - Food & Water Watch champions healthy food and clean water for all. We stand up to corporations that put profits before people, and advocate for a democracy that improves people’s lives and protects our environment.